19 September, 2009

what i want...

I am in a very strange place in life. I have this wonderful husband, house, dog, cat, car and yet I am never home to enjoy any of it! I am terribly unhappy with my job and currently looking for something to do instead.

Also, I have finally decided what I actually want to do with my life and I am having a hard time figuring out how to start. I have applied to Emily Griffith Opportunity School to study Fashion Design and Sewing with plans to start come spring. This all depends, of course, where I am working. I have to work full time and would like to school full time, but somehow I think this is impossible.

I really do have plans for my life, even if I am rediculously boring right now and I haven't done much in the last few years to show for it.



These are my goals for the future, near and far. I plan on working hard to get them all done...
*I want a new job. I need to be home everynight bc right now its killing me. I could absolutely cook several dinners a week then get to wake up next to my husband every morning. It has been almost 4 years since I have done either!
*Go to school, soak up every bit of information, do well, and graduate before I am an old lady
*Start my own label. I am not asking for fame and riches, but just to be able to make and sell clothing that I love while making a living at it.
*The true dream would be to open my own store or at least have my clothes in boutiques around Denver.
*Continue reading great books and watching wonderful movies. I love to be entertained.
*Add-on to our house. We have such a small house that we need to add a dining room, master bedroom and bath, and double the size of the garage.
*Begin a real live career by working for myself. I want to be busy and stressed and happy with my job!
*Help Tony with his school and let him help me with mine. We both dropped out together and now we want another go.
*Visit my grandparents, parents, and sister more. I want to have more family memories every year.
*Save money!!! Life always happens as we learned the hard way this year, and I want a nice cushion to fall back on
*Save money for a huge European trip!!!
*Be a better friend, daughter, cousin, sister, granddaughter, wife by doing more little things to show people I care. I currently blame my job for not being able to keep up with b-days and special events since I can't keep track of the date. I always know the day of the week though!
*Start working out on a regular basis, no matter what it is. I feel so blah lately.


I know I can accomplish all of these if I work hard and stay at them.

1 comment:

the binghams. said...

you're awesome.
i love how you're going for it! doing what you love is worth the sacrifices :)