27 February, 2010

food poisoning, jury duty, and thrift stores...

*Yes. I had all food poisoning on Super bowl Sunday night. First time ever. It sucked. And it lasted for days.

*Yes. I had jury duty. First time ever. It did not suck. I actually really wanted to be on the trial (the murder trial of Denver Bronco Darrant Williams. Very big news around here!) But, alas, I was not chosen :(

*Yes. I was off for the last two weeks due to both of these incidences. So I went to thrift stores!


It was so wonderful to actually be home on the weekends. Although I was sick for the first weekend, I did still get to enjoy Tony's Grandma's 91st bday, our friend's band playing at a wine bar, and the grand re-opening of our hair salon, The Big Hairy Monster.

In the last week we have gone to 3 really great thrift stores and we got a ton of great stuff...
-a pair of Coach mens-style shoes for me
-bicycle for 10 bucks
-a pair of Nine West silver flats (to replace my disgusting old ones from Old Navy)
-a pair of huaraches
-a pair of grey Brazilian wedges (I did really well with shoes)
-four new books (The Kite Runner, One Hundred Years of Solitude, Atonement, and something else)
-the board game Clue (the 80's version that we love and remember)
-a sweet purse that resembles the original Chanel 2.55 quilted bag ($2.99 is just a little more $2,500)
-a gaming chair (for Tony, obviously)
-one plain cream tank and one J. Crew gold and cream tank

I would show you pics of all my amazing new finds, but I have no digital camera :( Boo Hoo!

All in all, I think we did pretty well. I am kind of obsessed with thrifting right now, and could go to stores everyday! I did remember my hand sanitizer bc I do feel disgusting touching every ones old junk and my new treasures! Maybe I will hit up one more this week...

Hmmmm, sounds perfect!

1 comment:

the binghams. said...

ohh i how i love thrifting.
when we come in april though, we're driving back with 7 people shoved in our volvo- it has 2 fold up seats in the trunk area (so 2 lucky people get to sit back there!) and then all of our luggage has to go up on top. so, no shopping for any of us :( boohoo.