03 September, 2008

yes my thumb is green and thanks for asking...

...But my fingernails are black. It only took me 5 hours and a great friend to get a ton of stuff done in the backyard today! Luckily the temperature was only a high of 70 degrees today, but the damn Denver sun is so blazingly close it felt like 90, then you stand in the shade and tis grand again.

before



AFTER



(I can't pull these tree roots, :( POO!)

There were three large bushes and their roots against the fence and today I pulled all 3!! Each took about an hour and Matt doubted I could pull it off (pun intended), but I showed him. Although each one was so difficult at the end that I needed his help. The last of the roots was the hardest to get out, but it could have been b/c we had been working in the sun for hours! The best part when we finally pulled it out of the dirt, it looks just like baby! Poor little baby roots torn away from its momma dirt! TOO BAD!

I also whacked all those 3 foot high weeds the other day, while tony mowed the front. It is really looking great around here, but, my GOD, there is so much yard junk to take care of! I think I will get it all planned out so I will know how much sod to buy. I want tons of gardens, too, which is all the better for not mowing!

We dug and dug and dug today until we could dig no more.

This is the baby root. Don't you see it? What a cry baby!


next up... ROTO-TILLER FUN!!!

No comments: