02 January, 2009

new year

Well, its a new year and a fresh start! 2008 was such a great year and I am just not sure 2009 can even compete. Although, we had a ridiculously busy year filled with firsts for Tony and I.

I am going to go ahead and copy Kirsten and Nic's blog idea about reporting the events of 2008 (be it good, or bad), so enjoy...

* The biggest and best event of the year was the wedding! Most of our wonderful family and friends came to see us get hitched. It was a bang up party and a packed weekend.

* even better than the wedding itself is the fact that I got to marry my best friend! It only took us 6 years, but tony is finally my HUSBAND! It is still strange to call him that, but I just love it.

* we closed on our very first house on July 22nd. It took a full year to come about, but OUR small, old, 800 sq ft home is just what we wanted.

* Greta the Jetta (I just named her!). My old whitey was going to die or need 2400 bucks worth of fixing, so we sold it for $1000 and bought my loverly VW.

* my birthday trip to Yellowstone National Park with Tony, Carly, and Matt. 4 days of hiking and beautiful scenery with 3 full nights in one hotel (that's a lot for me!)

* Tony and I moved in with his dad for 4 months, although it was rough, we saved enough money to pay off debt, but some in the bank and raise our credit enough to get the house!

* we bought a beautiful, new, HUGE flat screen tv. Thanks to anyone who gave us cash for the wedding, it went for a good cause.

* grown-up furniture. Our bedroom looks like a page out of the west elm catalog, and its just so beautiful. Not only did the bedroom get a make over, but Tony surprised me with new living room furniture last week! I love recession sales! New coffee table and media stand - 40% off! Wow! He did good!

* just two nights ago, on the 31st, the last day of the year, Tony's sister, Monica, went into labor and delivered a little boy, Aiden. He is super cute and tiny! It was quite a surprise to me since I was outta town. Yeah for another nephew (now there are 5!)

* Thanksgiving! Its always a favorite. We were all working on the actual day, so we had a huge dinner on Wednesday. Carly, Matt, Tony, Faith France, and I made a lovely feast. The next day Faith, Carly and I flew to Indy for a lay over and spent Thanksgiving watching Australia!

* Xmas eve was good fun at my aunt Sharon's house with the whole family plus Matt. Dinner, drinking and games. We met a few days later at the bowling alley for my cousin, David, going back to LA. Tony, as incredible as he is, scored a 243!

* Planning the wedding sure took over my entire year. It was sooo fun, but I think I am glad to be back to real life.

* Frontier Airlines filed for bankruptcy and we all lost wages. Our garage flooded, 2 car break-ins, and one dead car battery. Boy those kept us on our toes!

* I saw some really amazing movies this year; Dark Knight, Australia, Benjamin Button, Bond, Indiana Jones, Sex and the City, Twilight, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall!

* I know its 2009, but my great friend, Kirsten, and her husband are having their first child today. Her name is Daphne, and I can't wait to meet her. I have been following her process since I found out they were having the baby. Congrats!

* Being able to spend some time with so many wonderful friends and family the weekend of the wedding. They came from all over the States, Mexico, and Norway!

* How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Big Love, Law & Order: SVU, & Dexter kept me absolutely entertained.

* A special thanks to Obama, stock market, Katy Perry, Conan O'Brian, the Olympics, & the Election for keeping us all in conversation!

* Tony and I had great health throughout the whole year. We still have jobs, even if we aren't happy with them. We have a wonderful home and much love in our lives. Go 2008!

I hope you all had a wonderful year and the next one is even better! Happy new year!

No comments: