03 February, 2009

date night for us...

I had a supremely awful day yesterday.

I was at the Frontier General Office for our yearly training to refresh our memories of security, evacuations, and medical procedures. It was 8.5 hours of bordem and hell. We have to do a fake evacuation with our commands and motions and if you fail, you are fired. Every year, I have to take mine over at the end of the day b/c i mess something up. This year, I told them that i am not an idiot and I do know exactly what to do in an emergency, but if it were a real evacuation, I would not have people grading me and judging me!! I HATE HATE HATE taking tests and I am pretty positive that I have test anxiety. I eventually passed the door drills but only after sitting through the entire day of trainers attempting to make it a fun day!

After crying and then finally getting the day over with I called Tony to see if his day was better than mine. Well, he gave me super news! One of the beer reps that gets beer for his liqour store had extra tickets to the Colorado Avalanche game. They were not only normal tickets but box seats in a suite and a VIP parking pass! Tony loves hockey, but the avs even more, and basically it's his dream to have box seats to a game. We walked in to suite #36 to find a huge fridge full of beer, soda and water, snacks at the bar and about 12 people mingling about. We found our 2 seats out of 8, ate our food and watched the game from maybe 20 rows up!! Oh and the best part, we had our own bathroom! It was AMAZING!!!


Tony and I have had a hard couple of months and this has been our first real date night since we got married. I think we spent a total of $13.00 last night, and it was probably worth about $200. It was such a great stress reliever and I just love to see Tony super duper excited, as its kinda rare. We will try to get as many of these tickets as we can! Needless to say, my day turned around completely, and it was a great one.

I highly recommend a suite, it is so choice!

No comments: