27 April, 2009

updates. always updates.

So, apparently I have become quite lackadaisical in the posting department. I have been busy lately and that's probably the main reason. But, where to start...

(since I have been so busy, I cannot even remember the order of these events)

*a visit to Portland to visit my dad since he just moved there. Including a dam, fish hatchery, beautiful waterfall, and lots of rain. Oh, and the best... IKEA!!!
*tony's bday celebration. One whole day at breweries, fancy dinner, cigars. Basically 2 full days of drinking!
*i bought "Yes Man" (which I just love, by the way) so matt and carly came over to watch. Dinner included pasta, chicken, salad, delicious angel food cake with strawberries. It all ended with a home made bonfire in our little pit in the backyard.
*a visit to okc and tulsa for a few days. Lots of family and quilting (thanks kathy and grandma)
*hot dog on a stick in Sacramento!!
*yard work, shoveling, clearing weeds and more yard work. I also bought tons of wildflower seeds and herb seeds. Time for gardening!!
*day trip to ABQ to search for a house with mom (for her, not me)
*a couple of blizzards
*wonderful chicken enchilada with the in-laws and the movie "Next"
*while visiting my sis in Norman, Ok - drag queen show at a dive bar, medieval fair, and the OKC bombing memorial.
*installing new lights under the kitchen cabinets and a lovely wine rack above the kitchen sink
*delicious mac-n-cheese at matty and carl's house
*snow + airlines = delays! 1 lightning strike, 4 gate changes, 1 bird strike, 1 broken jetway, 2 broken engines,3 de-icings, 1 sick flight attendant, 3 screaming babies, 4.5 hours on taxiways, and i cant even remember if I forgot something!! (and, yes, it all happened in about 10 hours)
*hot dogs, chips, "Gray Gardens", and a tri-bday party in stupid DTC with masses o flight attendants
*bought new beautiful weber charcoal grill with propane start and had our first cookout with Tony's family and Matt and Carl!
*we now have 2 new screen doors to make the house cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter!
*one more stupid snow and a cold to go with it
*"Adventureland" @ Brewvies in SLC!


Man, I have been busy! And super lazy posting!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Drag show in OKC? God, wish I had been there! I love a good drag show! (OK, even bad ones are good for a laugh!)