03 November, 2010

quiltin time...

I told myself I would never quilt again! Not true, but that was only bc I was working on 4 at one time last year and got so burned out. I love quilting and will never quit. Now it is one year later and I am ready to get back in the game!

I found one style a long time ago in a book that I loved and got it all planned out with my graph paper, colored pencils... And I finally bought all the fabrics! I'm very excited. It's called the flower vase and involves lots of flowery fabrics in different colors creating a vase full of flowers set on a table top. I tried to find all fabrics that looked kind of vintage and still modern. I am very, very picky about my fabrics and spend waaaaay to much time at Joann Fabrics. But I am the master of my coupons at crafty stores!!

Here is what the book quilt looks like...(YUCK)


Ok Gross! But this is mine...


It's just the top so far but the backing will be a solid light teal. I can't wait until it is finally finished as it will be my first finished quilt for me!! YAY!!!

No comments: