26 February, 2008

catering crap!!!

I am having issues! When is that something new? Ok, I need a caterer for the wedding (obviously). What's a girl to do when she wants a nice party for her friends and family, but the damn catering companies want to charge $25/person? It is so unfair! I have talked with these caterers who say they are willing to help you out (ha!), work with you, and come up with a great food selection for your budget! YEAH RIGHT! I gave them a budget and they went $10+ over what I asked for. They don't listen!!!!!!! These people are so annoying and just look at me with dollar signs in their eyes (you know, instead of stars in their eyes).

Well, I say screw the fancy-schmancy catering companies with their poached salmon on a cruton and their foie gras (EEEWWW!!). No thank you!

What is my new plan you ask? Well, thanks for asking... I am going to go with a restaurant, like, lets say, BBQ, Greek, Italian, Chinese, Mexican or something else fun and great that I know what the hell it is. They are so reasonably priced, includes service in the price, and is just what i want! Why didn't I think of this earlier? JEEZ! Don't worry if I do go with something pretty ethnic, I will make sure there will be things you will recognize and vegetarian options!

Anyone have any suggestions for great denver joints? Anyone? ANYONE?!

3 comments:

The Quiltarian said...

How frustrating!
Ethnic restaurant food sounds delicious, and more affordable, too. Does the museum require you to go with a specific caterer? If not, get barbecue, or pizza or whatever!

Emily said...

Thanks! I think bbq is the #1 on the list, cause i am pretty sure almost eveyone likes it. yes the museum has a specific caterer, and they are totally overpriced, but I don't have to use them! Thankfully. I am going to try to make it to tulsa next month, yeah!!

The Cook said...

When we were planning our wedding, Rachel had this book called How to Have a Big Wedding on a Small Budget. It had a bunch of tips on how to find better deals. Basically, when you say wedding they think $$$. By the way, I always love ethnic.