18 March, 2008

let them eat (cup) cake?

Oh my yes, I found a baker to make my cupcake/wedding cake! I am going with a little place called Mulberries Cake Shop on Pearl in Denver. It is a quirky shop with adorable cakes everywhere. I went to a cake tasting today with my only local bridesmaid and decided on the spot that it was the place for me. I believe I will be having 3 different flavors: white, a chocolate of some sort, and then something else.

I wonder... if you had to choose an nontraditional wedding cupcake flavor, what would it be?

marble
spice
carrot (fiance's first choice, and my last!)
lemon poppy seed
butter pecan

I will be able to try as many of the flavors that I would like in the up coming months, so eventually we will try them all. I know it is ultimately up to us, but you might as well have a say... you will be eating it too!

any suggestions??

1 comment:

The Quiltarian said...

I vote for Spice, or Carrot. Both would be good with the chocolate and the white cakes, in case there is enough for a guest to have 2 choices.
I also love Lemon Poppyseed.
Cupcakes sound adorable and tasty, too!