19 August, 2008

the women...



I know, I know, I have already posted about the movie "The Women", but that was only to state that I had seen the mocie for the first time. I love the movie. It is so stylish and fashionable and all about society's role in women's lives. Women, in general, are quite catty and boy does the film show it.



Norma Shearer (right) and Joan Fontaine (left) are great in the film. Yeah, Joan Crawford is a bigger role than the other Joan, but if you have seen Rebecca you would love Fontaine more, too!

The reason for this blog, is the fact that I saw the trailor for the new version of "The Women". OMG! It looks so stupid. Maybe I can't believe they made a remake of this fantastic movie, or maybe they put really rediculous people in the roles. They ladies are all funny ladies, but I am not sure they are all classy enough to even make this a great film. Jeez.

I have no desire to see the 2008 version and if you do, go rent the old one first and make your own opinion!

1 comment:

Julie K said...

Oh my goodness Emily, where has the time gone? You are practically a grown-up Lady! I am glad to see that time is actually passing and that this wedding date is approaching. How fun for you. What will you do with all your nervous energy once this blessed event has passed? May I recommend reading the twilight series? That ought to keep you busy for a good week at least. Good luck to you, and psst--here's my favorite old timey movie: The original Christmas in Connecticutt.