10 October, 2008

Nothing says romance like...

having a plumber at your house for 4 hours, just a mere 6 days after you get married!

Here's the whole story...

During the weekend of the wedding, with 6 people staying at the house, the plumbing backed up and basically stopped working. It was great. Tony went to Matt's house to shower and I went to my mom's hotel the day of the wedding! It was fantastic. The plumbing has been ok for the last few days. With all the people staying over, there are lots of sheets and blankets to wash. I took them to the laundromat yesterday, forgot detergent, so I brought my stuff back home. Like the total idiot that I am, I thought one load of laundry wouldn't hurt. Boy, I was sure wrong! I flooded the garage, as the laundry room is in the garage. I was hysterically crying and taking boxes of all my photo albums and negatives (and there are thousands of photos) in the backyard and unpacking them. None were ruined, by the way, LUCKILY!!! Tony raced home and we cleared out the garage. We have been needing to do it for quite sometime, and this was a really good excuse. We also decided to have an emergency garage sale with all the stuff we have been piling up for months now! I called a guy, who is a friend of a friend of the family, and said we could get a deal. He said he could come over at 7:30 the next morning.

So the plumber has been here since 7:40 and it is now 11:30!! I am wondering what kind of a deal we will get, or else what savings we will have to dip into to pay for this!!!

Isn't it the most romantic story?

I am typing this from the garage during the garage sale. I have made a whopping dollar, so far. Good old adorable neighborhood girl bought a purse from me!! I am going to sit out here all day and might even tomorrow. Although it's suppose to snow tomorrow for the first time this season, but whatever. We need this crap gone. I suppose Savers or Goodwill might get a really good truckload full of stuff.

It should be called "help-us-pay-for-our-plumbing sale!!!"

No comments: