06 October, 2008

It's Mr. and Mrs. Rodriguez now!!!

Yes, its true, Tony and I are married after 6 years! We had so much fun with all of our family in town. We had family and friends from Texas, Oklahoma, Idaho, California, Wisconsin (sorry if I am missing any), and we even had family from Norway and Mexico!! I never thought I would get all of the people that I love in one room. Seems like it would never happen, but it did.

I am seeing some random photos, but I would love to see any if you took some. I have set up a flickr site to show all the wedding related photos. There will be hundreds of photos from not only the 4th, but from bachelorette parties, pampering, dinners and more. This is the link... wedding photos. I am still waiting for the official photos from my cousin, Josh, so those will be added very soon. Please email your photos to me at emerald622@msn.com!!

The rehearsal dinner consisted of tacos and all other Mexican related food at our new house in the backyard! We had our immediate families and wedding party there to celebrate. Not only did we have 20+ people at our house, but the plumbing was completely backed up. I think it is too old with too many guests at one time! We rehearsed, ate and chatted for a while. It was great to be relaxed and with close family and friends!

The day of the wedding Tony went with his friends, Matt, Phil, and Josh to get real shaves at Floyd's Barbershop. At the same time, I went with 3 bridesmaid's, Carly, Liz and Anneliese to the MAC store to get our faces painted with their heavy duty make-up. We had lunch and we all met at the Museum to begin setting up. The clouds looked very ominous and stormy, as there was a slight chance of rain that might ruin our outdoor ceremony. It sprinkled for a minute, but cleared up before the ceremony.

I had a freak-out moment b/c of ceremony music, but it was not a big deal! Sorry, to Adam, I love you!!! It was so beautiful outside, I think it was just perfect. The ceremony was very short and sweet. We did the family photos, wedding party photos, and finally made our grand entrance to the reception to David Bowie's "Let's Dance". The buffet commenced, while Tony and I mingled. Tony and I ate a cupcake, then Dad and I had our Father/Daughter dance. We mingled more, the beer ran out, we walked around the museum and took couple photos. The party died down fairly early, so we moved our reception to Matt and Carly's house with about 20+ other people. We stayed until 3am, got back to the house and opened presents until 4:30am.

The next morning, Tony and I met the Kemm side of the family at Annie's resteraunt on Colfax for a breakfast. We had the same group over to the house again that night for all the left over BBQ from the reception. It was great having a nice day to hang out with family.

I fell asleep last night, after everyone left at 10:00 and didn't wake up for a full 12 hours! I have been completely out of it today, just trying to adjust to having the house to ourselves again. I think the cat feels the same way! We did go shopping with gift cards to Target, Crate and Barrel, and West Elm. Wow! We got a ton of such great things. We needed so much of it and really just wanted replacements of the others!

Thanks to everyone who made it to the wedding, or even just thought of us if you weren't able to make it. We had a wonderful time, and I think it showed the real us, with how we organized things! We had so much help from so many people. I do feel bad that I wasn't able to say hello to everyone, but I am just now realizing it, so, sorry!!

I will add some photos once I get some, but please go to our flickr site and download them and print them if you like!

love you all and thanks for all your support...

No comments: